Monday, February 23, 2009

Thanks, Jack!

Vickie Keck Nowlin wrote:

I enjoyed reading Jack Jackson's bio. I grew up going to the Temple Church of Christ and was baptized at age 15 with my Dad, Dewey Keck, who was 55 at the time. He really thought alot of Jack and we asked him to be a pall bearer at Dad's funeral in 2001. When I think back on my early years going to church there, Ruth and Jack were part of the group of parents that were role models for me. My mother and Ruth were also friends and before moving to OKC in 1998, they all still got together at one another's homes for coffee and dessert after church on Sunday nights and Wednesday nights.

Ruth was active in church as well as Jack and I always remember her kindness and patience with kids and with everyone. Jack always told funny stories and had that special ability to joke around. I do remember him always being available to work in the church whereever he was needed. It was important for we kids to see the adults participating as leaders at church, and for many, like Jack, his time was also shared with the community.

I am glad he has been given special recognition for his citizenship and volunteerism. Thanks, Jack and Ruth for being there for we kids who grew up watching you in church and in the other activities around Temple during those years. You were great mentors to us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment