Saturday, February 7, 2009

B&O Memories

This note came from Dale Moore:
This town Temple -- where I was born and grew up -- population around 1,500 -- the B&O store drew people from all over Southern Oklahoma and North Texas. I remember tearing a gash in my left arm and going to this store where they had a doctor's office. They had everything. It was the Wal Mart of that day. Also a fond memory going to the soda fountain and getting a black walnut sundae for 5 cents. It was delicious. Memories from when I was a kid. When B&O closed, Sears opened. Their first store in the state right here in Temple. After several years, Sears moved to Lawton and my dad, Alton Moore, opened the B&M store and operated until 1969. Haggar Slacks took over the location to expand their plant and the B&O era ended. My dad spent almost 50 years of his life working on that street corner through all the different businesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment