Saturday, May 9, 2009

Teachers Remembered

Pat Lyford Wrote:
I began thinking of the teacher's in my four years at Temple High. Mrs. Washington in the Library with blue hair, sometimes purple. Mrs Lowe, who taught us more than college kids get now in the English and public speaking world. Mrs. Kerr, who taught us typing and bookkeeping (can never remember how to spell that); James Dean, the band director who followed Alfred Montain. Mr Miller was an extremely good math teacher. Did Mrs. Miller teach home economics? Didn't we have a Mrs Blackburn, a tiny little woman with jet black hair. Of course, how could we leave out J.D. Lynch. I also remember a young male teacher who taught physics I think, Mr Risen(sp?) who blushed every time the girls would go to his desk to ask a question. What about Herb Hickerson and Mr. Groenwald (sp?) And the strange science teacher, who kicked me out of physics for misbehaving. I guess Mr. Risen taught Geometry. I'm sure there were many more, but those seem to have stuck in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment